I was definitely that person that said that my nursery would be done by my second trimester! HA! I laugh at the fact that I thought that would happen. I think we finished the nursery a week before I was induced. There are some things that we could live without for a few months and others that were must haves.
1. This diaper caddy was more convinent than I thought it would be. Since Palmer wasn’t sleeping in her room until she was 4 months old, I can stock up this basket and then carry it around the house.
2. Room darkening curtains are a must in my book. It took Palmer a good 4 weeks to differentiate days and nights and curtains in her room and in ours really helped. When it was night time I did feedings and changing with nightlight and flashlights and then during the day I would open up all the curtains and blinds, and turn on a ton of lights to help her figure it all out.
3. These were our favorite swaddles because they are lightweight and I could use them for other things other than just swaddling. Palmer is extremely hot natured and the sleep sacks just didn’t work for her, ( although I tried about 5 different ones before figuring this out) One thing I love about the swaddle blankets is, now that she is rolling over in her crib, she isn’t swaddled at all, but I can still use these in her stroller or on the floor when she is playing.
4. Oh the rock n play… I have a love/hate relationship with this sucker. For starters it was while she was in our room and she slept so great in it. Its also extremely lightweight and easy to transport so we brought this with us when we would go visit family at their houses. She would literally sleep anywhere. Now, the tough part for us was the transition to her crib. She loved her little bed and we struggled making the transition. But hey, she is in her crib now and has been for a few months, so it all worked out.
- I went through a few diaper bags before I found my favorite. I don’t carry a purse anymore so a pocket for my things is crucial. This one from Fawn Design was amazing when we took our family trip to San Francisco because I could fit my large camera and everything we needed for Palmer.
- We have another stroller that we use on a daily basis which I love, but I really wanted to share this one for travel or when you are on the go. This is the Mountain Buggy Nano Travel Stroller and it is the absolute best. It is a compact travel stroller that you can fold up with one hand. It has a travel bag and also fits in the over head bin on an airplane. It is so much nicer than a regular umbrella stroller, it has a large basket and is extremely light weight. I HIGHLY recommend this stroller, especially if you plan on taking a lot of family trips.
- I did a ton of research before deciding on a carrier and ended up with the Lille Baby. As I mentioned before, Palmer is very hot natured and I wanted something that would be breathable because I knew her and I would be a sweaty mess. The one we have is the Complete Airflow and we love it! Palmer really loves to face out and for whatever reason when she is carried like this if makes her very sleepy 🙂
- The Joovy Spoon was something that I also did some research on, I read different things about how amazing they are and then I also read things about how walkers in general can hinder the baby from being able to walk on their own. For Palmer, I actually think it has helped her, she is able to place her feet flat on the floor and move around the room, although for whatever reason she only likes to walk backwards ( this could be interesting haha) but, we love it. It is perfect for us to put her in the walker while we are cooking and she can come into the kitchen with us and still be contained.
- We have used these pacifier clips since we came home from the hospital. Now that she is teething she is more interested in the wood and silicon than she is in the paci, so its a win win!
- I love this baby book from Polkadot Print Shop. What I love is that you can customize any of their softcover books, which I think is such a fun gift. If the parents are keeping the name a secret, check out their hardcover books they are equally as cute!
- This winkle from Manhattan Toy Co. is her go to toy. It is easy for her to hang on to so I am not constantly picking it up off the ground.
- This activity gym from Skip Hop turned out to be a favorite of Palmers. I started laying her down at about 2 months old thinking that she wouldn’t really be into it, but she would kick and stare until she passed out. Even now at 7 months old, she loves grabbing for the toys and looking at the mirror.